Workin on the new HOT96.COM and it is very cool. In a meeting now and they are probably looking at me like I’m not paying attention (and I’m not). Someone referred to it as sexy. Guess that’s nerd talk for it’s cool. It will launch at the end of the month. We’ll have very cool stuff for you guys. Stay tuned!
The Slutty Version
Every Halloween I ask myself the same question. When did Halloween become sluttoween? Not that I’m complaining about women in skimpy costumes, but I’m just curious. Every costume is the sexy version of……like the sexy cop, sexy nurse, sexy referee, sexy clown, sexy hot dog vendor. No? I’m so glad I don’t have a daughter. When did halloween turn skanky?
Why I love working in Radio
1. I can wear whatever I want. Now I am not a sloppy dresser (so I think) but I know people (my co-host) who come to work in pajamas and it’s perfectly acceptable. She calls it active wear from Target but they’re pajamas. I have a neck tattoo. They call that one a job killer. Who’s gonna hire you with ink on your neck? The entertainment business that’s who. Thanks radio! Can you imagine wearing a suit to work everyday in the summer? (maybe you can, but I can’t)
2. It’s fun. No really it is. I get paid to come in the studio for 5 hours a day and goof off with my friends and we call it entertainment. Now sometimes it may fall short of “entertainment” but we try. I can’t imagine having to push papers all day or something like that. I have no idea what it’s like nor do I want to. Did you know in radio we get paid to go hang out at a bar for 2 hours and they pay us a “talent” fee? It’s true. The fee varies from city to city but some large markets get $200-$250 an hour. Easiest $500 you’ll ever make.
3. You’re sort of a celebrity. Even though sometimes it makes me uncomfortable, it’s kinda cool when people come up to you and want to take a picture or get your autograph. Not to mention receiving some VIP treatment at local establishments. I must admit it’s nice and I never take it for granted.
4. The money. Now I’d lie if I told you money doesn’t matter. It’s how we live. It’s how we pay our bills….mortgage, car payment, diapers for my baby. And I must say working a job that’s fun and getting paid well for it is pretty awesome. Now depending on what market you’re in and what shift you’re doing, the pay varies. Some people will say the pay sucks, but that’s just because they haven’t paid their dues. Once you do that and get your career going the payoff can be quite rewarding. I know some morning guys who are raking in the cash and loving every minute of it.
5. The hours. I typically work my show then have a few things to do afterwards and am done by lunchtime. That means the rest of the day I can hang out with my family. Being in mornings you have more duties than other shifts. Now when I did nights or afternoons, I could walk in, do my shift and leave. Seriously….4 to 5 hours a day. That’s it! Screw you 8 to 10 (even 12) hour workdays. Radio rocks.
Any Advertising is Good Advertising
Thanks to the Opie and Anthony Show for verbally abusing our show on the air this morning. For those who don’t know they use to be in radio and now are on satellite. I have thick skin and I know it’s their schtick (spelling?) so I’m not offended. They have people nominate morning shows from around the country for Opie and Anthony to rip to shreds on the air. They think every radio show is lame and hackey. So whoever nominated us thanks. From what I hear they were more rough on Shawnda than me but that’s not surprising. They always rip the chick more. Some guy said he’d send me the audio. I’ll post it when I get it. I won’t lie it does sting a little when you’re on the receiving end of an Opie and Anthony verbal beatdown but I guess I should feel priviledged.
Dog The Bounty Hunter Hospitalized
Dwayne Chapman was hospitalized after something went down on a bounty hunt. That’s what you call them right? Or is it a trailer trash pickup? Where’ Waldo and his rolling meth lab? I dunno……However, I was thinking and I can’t for the life of me think what would be worse. Me having a mullet, my wife having a mullet, having the name Dog, or wearing vests with no shirts. Get well soon Dog. We need to see your mullet on TV to feel better about ourselves.
tumblrbot asked: WHERE WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT ON YOUR PLANET?
Most definitely Europe. The historic landmarks and places to see are endless. Plus I’d like to see chicks with hairy armpits.